Panera's Shortbread Cookies
These copycat Panera cookies will melt in your mouth, they're THAT good. You definitely won't be able to eat just one!
- 8 ounces (2 sticks) butter, room temperature
- 2 cups cake flour (you can use all purpose but cake flour makes a much softer cookie)
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon milk (I would use whole)
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon or vanilla extract
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 50mins
Combine all ingredients; use hands to knead until ingredients are blended. Press dough into ungreased pans. Before baking, mark rectangle cookie lines with knife to get the authentic Panera shortbread cookie look!
Bake at 325°F for about 20 minutes, or until lightly browned. Don't over bake!
In a large bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, light corn syrup, milk and extract. It is a small amount of ingredients, but my powdered sugar tends to fly everywhere.
Add milk by the half teaspoon until it reaches the consistency of cold honey – thick, but flowing. It is much easier to add more milk than sugar. I then put my frosting in a candy melting squeeze bottle in order to do special decorating.
You'll also love
- World Famous Paradise Bakery Sugar... 4.2/5 (136 Votes)
- Apple Fritter Cinnamon Roll Bake 4.1/5 (23 Votes)
- Otis Spunkmeyer Chocolate... 4.1/5 (37 Votes)
- Banana Split Stuffed Strawberries 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- White Chocolate-Peppermint Blondies 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- The Pioneer Woman's Coconut-Lime... 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Nainamo Bars 4.3/5 (3 Votes)