- Cinnamon Sugar:
- 10-12 flour tortillas (6 1/2 inch)
- 16 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (20 ounce) can cooked apples, drained very well
- 1/2 cup sugar, and
- 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon, mixed very well
- vanilla ice cream
- caramel topping
1. Beat cream cheese until fluffy; add sugar and eggs, then beat again.
2. Add vanilla extract and mix well.
3. Fold apple pieces into cheese mixture.
4. On tortilla, place a serving in the middle, about 2 1/2 inches from each side of shell.
5. Tuck sides in slightly and roll shell to seal the filling and hold in the cream cheese.
6. When all shells have been stuffed and rolled, place in refrigerator; chill to set filling.
7. In deep fryer heat vegetable oil.
8. When ready, place chimicheesecake in oil and fry until slightly golden, while carefully turning on each side.
9. Remove from oil.
10. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
11. Place chimicheesecake on cookie sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes.
12. Remove from oven and liberally sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture.
13. Serve cheesecake slightly warm with a scoop or ice cream and carmel topping drizzled on top.