LEMON MERINGUE PIE
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup lemon juice, zest from 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 9" pie crust baked
- 4 egg whites
- 6 tablespoons white sugar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In medium saucepan whisk together 1 cup sugar, flour, cornstarch, and salt. Stir in water, lemon juice and lemon zest. Cook over medium high heat, stirring frequently, until mixture comes to a boil. Stir in butter. Place egg yolks in a small bowl and gradually whisk in 1/2 cup of hot sugar mixture. Whisk egg yolk mixture back into remaining sugar mixture. Bring to a boil and continue to cook while stirring constantly until thick. Remove from heat. Pour filling into baked pie shell.
In large glass or metal bowl, whip egg whites until foamy. Add sugar gradually and continue to until stiff peaks form. Spread meringue over pie, sealing the edges of the crust.
Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes or until meringue is golden brown.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (886 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (889 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (497 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (288 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Orange Chicken 4.5/5 (231 Votes)
- Cilantro Lime Salad Dressing 4.5/5 (164 Votes)