Ganga's Dinner Rolls
Grandma Betty was famous for her rolls.
- 2 c. lukewarm water
- 1 tbsp or 1 pkg active dry yeast
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp melted & cooled butter
- 1 egg well beaten
- 7 c. all purpose flour
1. In a large bowl add dry yeast to water and stir.
2. Add sugar salt, butter, and egg. Stir well.
3. Stir in flour, one cup at a time. It will be very thick so stir thoroughly.
4. Put in a warm place and cover with a towel.
5. Let rise until double in bulk.
6. Knead thoroughly on a floured surface and put back in bowl, covered for an additional hour or until doubled in bulk again.
7. Knead again on floured surface and divide into rolls. Put rolls on greased baking pan.
8. Cover again and let rise a third time.
9. Bake in 350 degree oven for 30 - 35 minutes until golden brown.
10. When done brush with melted butter and cool on racks.