These feta and radish toasts are the perfect snack to serve for an afternoon tea or a party! They are a great variation on tea sandwiches and much easier to assemble.
- 1 bunch watercress, thick stems discarded
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 (1/2-inch-thick) slices of peasant bread
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 8 to 10 radishes, thinly sliced
- 6-ounces feta cheese (preferably goat), crumbled
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from foodandwine.com
Heat a cast-iron grill pan. Brush the bread with 1/4 cup of the olive oil and grill over high heat, turning once, until toasted. Top the toasts with the feta, radishes and watercress. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve.
Meanwhile, pulse feta, yogurt, lemon juice, and remaining 3 tablespoons oil in a food processor just until mixture is thick and spreadable, about 10 pulses. Transfer to a medium bowl, and stir in parsley and radishes. Serve with pita crisps.
You can make the spread one day ahead and refrigerate it (cover with plastic wrap); wait until just before serving to stir in the parsley and radishes.