Kitchen Sink Monster Cookies
Another take on the salty and sweet cookie comes from My Invisible Crown. The options are limitless, and if you dislike butterfingers or mini peanut butter cups, try another candy, such as one with caramel or peanuts for a different texture.
- 1 1 1 stick butter, softened
- 1/4 1/4 1/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 3/4 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 1 1 egg
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 tablespoon vanilla
- 3/4 3/4 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 1/4 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 cup oats
Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. In the bowl of a stand mixer with paddle attachment cream butter and sugars together until light and fluffy. Add egg and mix well. Add vanilla and mix again.
In a small mixing bowl, add dry ingredients and whisk lightly. Add dry ingredients and mix on low until completely combined stopping to scrape the sides once. Add oats and any other ingredients except potato chips and mix on low until distributed. Add chips and stir by hand.
Refrigerate dough for 20 minutes. Using a tablespoon or cookie scoop to scoop out balls, roll in your hand to compact them down and then place on parchment and bake for 10 to 12 minutes until golden brown.