Crispy Shrimp Poppers
These shrimp poppers are a great appetizer, so good i could eat them as a meal! A golden crispy coating covers these butterflied shrimp stuffed with cream cheese and bacon. Um.... YUM!
- 20 medium shrimp, uncooked, peeled and deveined
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 10 bacon strips
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- Oil for deep-fat frying
Preparation time 40mins
Cooking time 45mins
Butterfly the shrimp along the outside curves. Spread about 1 teaspoon cream cheese inside each shrimp. Cut bacon strips in half lengthwise; wrap a piece around each shrimp and secure with toothpicks.
In three separate shallow bowls, place the flour, eggs and bread crumbs.
In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°F. Fry shrimp, a few at a time, for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Discard toothpicks before serving.
You'll also love
- Chocolate Pudding (Gluten Free/No... 4.6/5 (15 Votes)
- Meyer Lemon Sugar Scrub - Homemade 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Whipped Ricotta with Lemon and... 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Roasted Red Pepper and Smoked... 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Salmon With Dill and Caper Sauce 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Festive Meringue Cookies 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Scalloped Potatoes with Leeks and... 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Asparagus, Pea and Saffron Risotto... 4.6/5 (14 Votes)