- Kosher salt
- 12 ounces linguine
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1/2 cup fried onions, chopped
- 4 cups cauliflower florets, roughly chopped
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus more for topping
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook as the label directs. Reserve 1 cup cooking water, then drain the pasta. Return to the pot and toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook about 30 seconds. Add the panko and fried onions and cook, stirring, until lightly toasted, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate; wipe out the skillet.
Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in the skillet over medium-high heat. Add the cauliflower and cook until the edges brown, about 4 minutes. Add the red pepper flakes and toast 30 seconds. Add the reserved pasta water and cook until the liquid is reduced by half and the cauliflower is crisp-tender, about 1 more minute.
Add the pasta, onion mixture and parmesan to the skillet and toss. Season with salt. Top with the basil, pine nuts and more parmesan.
You'll also love
- Bacon Jalapeno Wraps 4.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Cranberry-Topped Lemon Tarts 4.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Pasta and White Bean Casserole 4.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Broccoli, Chicken and Cheese Hand... 4.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Popcorn Balls - Holiday Style 4.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Crustless Spinach, Onion and Feta... 4.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Marinated Cucumbers, Onions, and... 4.5/5 (31 Votes)
- 5-Ingredient Chicken and Noodles 4.5/5 (33 Votes)