Sticky apple carrot pudding cake with apricot cinnamon sauce
- Apricot cinnamon sauce:
- 2/3 cup white rice flour
- 1/4 cup potato starch
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- good pinch of nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp all spice
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 TBSP apricot preserves
- 8 ounces plain greek yogurt
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large apple, chopped
- 1 carrot, finely grated
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 1/2 tbsp apricot preserves
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp cold water
Add chopped apple and grated carrots to a large bowl; add the greek yogurt, white sugar, vanilla extract, salt, all of the spices and eggs; mix together with a fork.
In a separate bowl, combine all flours/starches with xanthan gum, baking powder and baking soda; mix together well.
Now fold the dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet ingredients until they are well combined, then add the apricot jam and brown sugar, mix with fork.
bake for 25 minutes in a pre-greased square 9 inch pan at 375 then remove & lightly cover with foil, put back int the oven and bake for another 10-12 minutes at 375.
The edges are the best part--they'll get dark and crispy when they bake and take on a caramelized flavor :D.
For the sauce:
Combine preserves and powdered sugar, mix with fork (it'll be gooey) now add the cinnamon, mix, then add in water. You can leave it out until the cake cools and pour it on the entire cake or serve the cake warm (best when warm) and drizzle glaze on each individual serving.
You'll also love
- Pumpkin Pots de Creme topped with... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Broccoli and Potato Salad 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Thanksgiving Carrot Ring 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Orange Molasses Pork Chops 4.5/5 (42 Votes)
- Peaches & Cream Crustless Pie (or... 4.4/5 (53 Votes)
- APPLE CIDER PINEAPPLE MOLASSES... 4.4/5 (48 Votes)
- Pumpkin Soup With Ancho and Apple 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Herb Roasted Carrots 5/5 (1 Votes)