Slow Cooker Sticky Ribs
- For the Sauce:
- 1 slab of ribs
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 8 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoon creole seasonings or seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- pinch of cayenne pepper
Preparation time 10mins
Adapted from creolecontessa.blogspot.com
To prepare barbeque sauce, mix all ingredients well in a medium pot, bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cool, refrigerate until ready to use.
Rinse ribs and pat dry, flip ribs over and remove membrane that is on the back side of the ribs, it's the white thin film on the ribs, use a butter knife to get under the skin, then pull the membrane off, discard.
Mix seasoning blend together, coat ribs with olive oil on both sides and rub in seasoning blend on both side. Place ribs in the refrigerator covered and marinate overnight.
Remove ribs from the refrigerator, cover with half the barbeque sauce, cook in the slow cooker on low for 6 hours.
Preheat oven to broil.
Place ribs on an oven proof pan, discard slow cooker juices, baste with remaining barbeque sauce and broil for about 7-10 minutes until a nice crust forms on top of the ribs. Slice ribs and serve.