Horseradish Salmon Cakes
These patties are fabulous alone, but also make for a terrific sandwich when placed on soft rolls or in pita bread. Whichever way you serve them, include the cucumber-watercress salad—it’s a creamy and verdant blend that can’t be beat.
- 1 1/4 pound(s) skinless salmon fillet, cut into 2-in. pieces
- 2 tablespoon(s) prepared horseradish, squeezed of excess moisture
- 1 tablespoon(s) Dijon mustard
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup(s) panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2 tablespoon(s) nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh lemon juice
- 1 small English cucumber, cut into thin half-moons
- 1 small bunch(es) watercress, thick stems discarded, or 4 cups arugula
1. In a food processor, pulse the salmon, horseradish, mustard, and ¼ tsp each salt and pepper until coarsely chopped. Mix in the bread crumbs and form the mixture into 8 patties.
2. Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook the patties until opaque throughout, 2 minutes per side.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the yogurt, lemon juice, remaining Tbsp oil and ¼ tsp each salt and pepper. Add the cucumbers and toss to coat; fold in the watercress. Serve with the patties.