Turkey Sausage & Pepper Breakfast Casserole
Prepare this delicious brunch casserole the night before and all you have to do in the morning is pop it in the oven! This tasty casserole is made with eggs, lean turkey sausage and two types of peppers!
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1/2 (12-ounce) package JENNIE-O® Lean Turkey Breakfast Sausage Patties
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon freshly minced garlic
- 3 slices whole wheat sourdough bread, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 ounces shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped hot cherry peppers
- 2 3/4 cups egg substitute
Preparation time 260mins
Cooking time 305mins
Adapted from jennieo.com
Heat oven to 375°F. Mist casserole with cooking spray; set aside. Place skillet over medium-high heat. Mist skillet with cooking spray. Add 6 turkey sausage patties. Cook the turkey sausage patties as specified on the package.
Chop sausage into pieces and transfer to a small bowl. Turn the heat to medium. Re-spray pan and add green pepper. Cook 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add garlic; continue cooking 1 to 2 minutes or until peppers are tender. Arrange half the bread pieces in bottom of prepared casserole.
Top bread with half the cheese, half the bell pepper mixture, half the sausage and half the cherry peppers. Repeat layering. Pour egg substitute evenly over top. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Heat oven to 375°F. Bake 45 minutes or until set.
You'll also love
- Chewy Oatmeal Date Raisin Cookies 4.4/5 (15 Votes)
- Bacon-Wrapped, Broccoli-Cheese... 4.3/5 (16 Votes)
- Hawaiian BBQ Turkey Flatbread Pizza 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Buttermilk Marinated Pork Chops 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Smoked Turkey Legs 4.2/5 (30 Votes)
- Sausage, Cannellini, and Tomato... 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Turkey Sausage, Sweet Potato &... 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Baked Ziti with Turkey Sausage 0/5 (0 Votes)