Honey Mustard Chicken/w Portobello Mushrooms
- 4-4 oz. boneless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/2 inch thickness
- 4 slices 25% less sodium Bacon
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 TBSP Light Corn syrup
- 1 TBSP Light Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 cup raw portobello mushrooms
- 1/2 cup shredded Colby-Jack cheese
- 1.5 TBSP vegetable oil
- 3 TBSP fresh chopped parsley
1. Preheat oven to 350 Degrees
2. Cook bacon in a skillet over medium high heat until crisp. Set aside.
3. In a small bowl combine mustard, honey, corn syrup, mayo, and onion powder.
4. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Place the breasts in the skillet and sautee each side 3-5 minutes until brown.
5. Remove chicken from skillet and place into a baking dish.
6. Sautee the mushrooms in the same skillet until tender.
7. Brush honey mustard to each breast, layer with bacon and mushrooms. (refrigerate any leftover sauce).
8. Sprinkle each breast with shredded cheese.
9. Bake in pre-heated oven 20 minutes or until the cheese melts, and the chicken juices run clear.
10. Garnish with parsley and the remaining honey mustard sauce.