Turkey and Poblano Chili
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 poblano pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 2 15.5-ounce cans kidney beans, rinsed
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 cups shredded roasted turkey or chicken
- tortilla chips (optional)
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Add the onion and poblano and cook, stirring frequently, until they begin to soften, 4 to 6 minutes; stir in the cumin.
3. Add the tomatoes (with their juice), the beans, 2 cups water, 1¼ teaspoons salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, 12 to 15 minutes.
5. Add the turkey and cook until heated through, about 3 minutes. Serve with tortilla chips, if desired.