Tony Roma's Red Hots
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1/2 tablespoon red bell pepper; finely diced
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 pounds pork spareribs
- Tony Roma's World Famous Ribs
Combine all of the ingredients for the barbeque sauce in a saucepan over high heat. Blend the ingredients with a whisk until smooth.
When the mixture comes to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer uncovered.
In 30 to 45 minutes, when the mixture thickens, remove it from the heat. If you want a thicker sauce, heat it longer. If you make the sauce too thick, thin it with more vinegar.
Use pork spareribs and the cooking technique from Tony Roma's World Famous Ribs recipe.