- 3 boneless and skinless chicken breasts, halved, pounded flat (about 4 ounces each)
- Olive oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced, sauteed in about 1 tablespoon olive oil until caramelized
- 6 slices mozzarella cheese
- Parsley to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Oregano to taste
- Onion salt to taste
- Garlic salt to taste
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, about (divided)
- Bread crumbs to coat chicken
- 2 tablespoons melted butter to top chicken, about
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry to top chicken,
Rub flat side of chicken with olive oil.
Divide onion mixture over chicken breasts, then top with slices of mozzarella cheese. Add a pinch each of seasonings to each chicken breast half. Top each breast with light sprinkling of Parmesan cheese. Reserve remaining Parmesan cheese to use later.
Roll up breasts and secure with toothpicks. Coat rolled chicken pieces with oil, then dip in bread crumbs to lightly coat.
Set in 13-by-9-inch baking pan and sprinkle tops of rolled chicken with butter, then sherry. Top each serving with another pinch of seasonings and another sprinkling of remaining Parmesan cheese.
Bake at 350 degrees 25 to 30 minutes or until chicken is done, basting with additional butter and sherry as needed. Makes 6 servings.