Super Simple Crock Pot Beef Stew Low Fat
- 1 lb beef stew meat in chunks
- 1 can stewed tomatoes ( I use Italian Style)
- half an onion in wedges
- 3 stalks celery in chunks
- 1 potato in chunks ( peeled or not)
- 3 cups water
- salt pepper herbs etc. to taste
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup water
Combine beef, tomatoes, celery, onion, and potatos. ( you could also throw in carrots, corn etc.) add 3 cups water, salt, pepper.
let cook until tender...time depends on your crock pot, mine cooks it in about 4 hours on high.
add 1/4 cup flour to 1/2 cup COLD water, mix.
add flour and water to the simmering liquid, stir well. let thicken. add more salt or pepper if necessery.
makes about 6-7 one or so cup servings.