Cranberry upside down cake
- 1 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- 2 tbsp chopped walnuts
- 1 tsp grated orange rind
- 1/2 cup softened butter divided
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tbsp fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup fat free buttermilk
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 tsp melted butter
- 2 tbsp gresh squeezed orange juice
Preheat oven to 350.
Coat a 9 inch pan with spray and dust with flour
In a small bowl combine cranberries walnuts and orange rind
In a suacepan melt 2 tbsp butter stir in brown sugar and juice and cinnamon Cook 3 min stirring.
Pour into pan,
Sprinkle with cranberrie mixture
Whisk flour salt baking powder in another bowl
In a large bowl mix sugar and remaining butter until creamy add vanilla egg buttermilk and flour mixture.
Spoon over cranberries.
Bake 40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean, Cool in pan for 5 minutes. Invert on rack to finish cooling. Beat glaze ingredients and drizzle over cake.
You'll also love
- Catfish Piccata 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cornell Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cukes and Carrots 0/5 (0 Votes)
- The (almost) Original Orange... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Orange Julius Recipe ( without egg... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Partridgeberry Relish 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Blueberry Sour Cream Coffee Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken Cranberry Wreath 0/5 (0 Votes)