- 8 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 2 cups butter (no substitutes)
- 8 eggs
- 4 cups sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 6 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon peppermint extract
- 12 drops green food coloring (optional)
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter
In a heavy saucepan or microwave, melt chocolate and butter. Cool slightly. In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and flour. Stir in the chocolate mixture. Pour into a greased pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
In a mixing bowl, combine the filling ingredients; beat until creamy. Spread over brownies.
For glaze, melt chocolate chips and butter; stir until smooth. Spread over filling. Refrigerate until filling and glaze are set.