I am Momma Sugar Cookies
- 1 and 1/3 cups of butter
- 1 and 1/2 cups of sugar
- Cream (mix) the butter and sugar together. It helps if the butter has been left out a little while so it's a little softer, but don't melt it.
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 and 1/2 cups of flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. of salt (I do 1/2 tsp though)
- Mix till it sticks. Then refrigerate the dough for at least an hour. This is actually very important. It matters. Roll out your dough, cut into cookies, and bake.
- Bake at 350 for 6-8 minutes
- till the edges are just barely light brown. If you over cook them you'll get crunchy cookies.
- I make them pretty thin because that's my favorite. If you prefer them thicker you might need to add a little more time in the oven.
Now for the frosting. This one's kind of hard to write down because I just do it. This is a small batch of frosting. If I know I want to have plenty for the recipe above I recommend doubling it.
1 stick of butter (softened - that's a must)
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2-3.5 cups of powdered sugar (depending on how thick you want your frosting)
a pinch of salt (optional)
either 2 Tbsp. of milk OR one egg