Makeover Swiss Chicken Supreme
After we trimmed down Stephanie Bell's original chicken dish, the Kaysville, Utah cook wrote, "My family barely noticed that anything had been changed. Everyone loves this makeover recipe, and now I can serve it without worrying about the fat and cholesterol.
1 serving equals 310 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 89 mg cholesterol, 567 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 34 g protein
- 4 chicken breasts (4 ounces each) boneless skinless
- 1 tablespoon onion, dried minced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 slices Swiss cheese (3/4 ounce each) reduced-fat
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup ( 10-3/4 ounces) undiluted, reduced-fat, reduced-sodium
- 1/3 cup sour cream, reduced-fat
- 1/2 cup milk, fat-free
- 1/3 cup butter-flavored crackers (about 8 crackers) crushed, reduced-fat
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
Place the chicken in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
Sprinkle with minced onion, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Top each with a slice of cheese.
In a small bowl, combine the soup, sour cream and milk; pour over chicken. Toss the cracker crumbs and butter; sprinkle over chicken.
Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.