- Seasoning Mix:
- In a cup, mix 3 T chili powder, 1 T cocoa, 1 t ground cumin, 1 t dried oregano leaves, 1/2 t salt, 1/4 t cinnamon, 1/4 t pepper, and 1 envelope beef-flavor bouillon.
- 2 large onions
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 15- to 16-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 T Worcestershire
- 1 T red wine vinegar
- 1 16-ounce pkg spaghetti
- 1 15-1/4 to 19-ounce can red kidney beans
- 1 4-ounce pkg shredded sharp cheddar cheese (1 cup)
1. Prepare Seasoning Mix; set aside. Dice onions; mince garlic.
2. Reserve one-half of onion for topping. In 12-inch skillet over high heat, cook ground beef, garlic, and remaining onion, stirring occasionally, until all pan juices evaporate and meat is browned. Add Seasoning Mix; cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add tomato sauce, Worcestershire, and 1 1/4 cups water; heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 30 minutes to blend flavors, stirring occasionally. Stir in red wine vinegar.
3. While sauce is cooking, in sauce pot, prepare spaghetti as label directs; drain. Return spaghetti to sauce pot; keep warm. Meanwhile, in 1-quart saucepan over medium heat, cook beans until heated through.
4. To serve, arrange cooked spaghetti on 6 dinner plates. Skim fat from meat sauce. Top each serving of spaghetti with about 2/3 cup sauce. Sprinkle each serving with some beans and cheese; then top with reserved diced onion.