Winter Kale Salad with Salmon, Squash, and Pecans
- 1/4 c apple cider vinegar
- 1 T pure maple syrup
- 1 t Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 t salt, plus pepper to taste
- 1/3 c + 2T EVOO
- 1 lg bunch curly kale, stems removed, leaves thinly sliced (about 12c total)
- 1/2 med butternut squash, peeled, chopped into 1/2" cubes (about 2c total)
- 4 (3oz) salmon fillets
- 1/4 c roasted pecans, coarsely chopped
Preparation time 40mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from redbook.com
1. Ina medium bowl, add vinegar, maple syrup, mustard, garlic, & salt.
2. Whisk in 1/3c of EVOO until combined.
3. Place kale in a lg bowl & top w/dressing. Use your hands to massage the dressing into the kale (the acid in the vinegar will help soften the leaves). Let sit while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
4. Heat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet w/parchment paper.
5. Place squash on baking sheet & drizzle w/1T EVOO & a big pinch of salt.
6. Roast squash 15-20 min, tossing occasionally, until softened & caramelized.
7. Meanwhile, heat remaining 1T EVOO in a lg skillet over med-high heat.
8. Season salmon w/salt & pepper, add to pan skin side down, & cook until salmon is browned & not sticking to pan, 3-4 min. Flip & cook 3-4 min more, or until pale pink throughout.
9. Add roasted squash & pecans to kale, & coat in dressing. Top each dish w/a salmon fillet.
You'll also love
- Oven Home Fries with Peppers and... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Focaccia & Caramelized Onions &... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crab Dip 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Zucchini Bars with Caramel Icing 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Shrimp or Crab – curried – dip 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Rosemary and Garlic Roasted Salmon 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tuna in Marsala sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spinach Crust Pizza 0/5 (0 Votes)