Snails and Mushrooms in Herbed Cream
- 2/3 cup crème fraîche
- 5 ounces small white or cremini mushrooms, trimmed and halved or quartered
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 (7-ounce) can imported medium escargots (18 to 24 snails), rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley or chervil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped tarragon
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Read More http://www.epicurious.com:80/recipes/food/views/Snails-and-Mushrooms-in-Herbed-Cream-241772#ixzz1lvn8zRYq
Simmer crème fraîche with mushrooms, shallot, garlic, and 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper in a heavy medium saucepan, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are tender and sauce is thickened, about 10 minutes.
Reduce heat to low, then add snails, herbs, and butter and cook, stirring, until snails are heated through and butter is incorporated, 1 to 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Serve in small ramekins.
Read More http://www.epicurious.com:80/recipes/food/views/Snails-and-Mushrooms-in-Herbed-Cream-241772#ixzz1lvnG7fe5