Pork roast with Orange (or Raspberry) Sauce
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. rubbed sage
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 1/2 to 4 pounds)
- Combine the salt, sage and pepper; rub over entire roast. Place roast fat side up on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 70 – 8- min. or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees.
- 65 min. for 1.6 K tenderloin
- Orange Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 Tbsp. jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp. soy sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a saucepan combine cornstarch and orange juice until smooth. Stir in the cranberry sauce, soy sauce, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Pour over pork. Heat through.
- or Raspberry Sauce
- 1 package (10 oz) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 tsp each -ground ginger, nutmeg, cloves
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp. melted margarine
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 3-4 drops red food colouring optional
Drain raspberries, reserving liquid. Set berries aside. Add enough water to juice to measure ¾ cup. In a saucepan, combine the sugar, vinegar, spice and ½ cup raspberry juice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
Combine cornstarch and remaining raspberry juice until smooth; stir into the saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in the butter, lemon juice, food coloring if desired and reserved raspberries.
Let roast stand for 10-15 minutes before slicing. Serve with raspberry sauce.
With 3 1/2-4 lb. roast, gives 8 – 10 servings
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (888 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (893 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (706 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (677 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (498 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Crock Pot Sour Cream & Bacon... 4.5/5 (312 Votes)