Seared Scallops with Tarragon-Butter Sauce
- 1 1/4 pounds large sea scallops, tough ligament from side of each discarded
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into tablespoons, divided
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallot
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup white-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped tarragon
- Read More http://www.epicurious.com:80/recipes/food/views/Seared-Scallops-with-Tarragon-Butter-Sauce-241746#ixzz1lvnrWxNA
Pat scallops dry and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper (total).
Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until foam subsides, then sear scallops, turning once, until golden brown and just cooked through, about 5 minutes total. Transfer to a platter.
Add shallot, wine, and vinegar to skillet and boil, scraping up brown bits, until reduced to 2 tablespoons. Add juices from platter and if necessary boil until liquid is reduced to about 1/4 cup. Reduce heat to low and add 3 tablespoons butter, stirring until almost melted, then add remaining 3 tablespoons butter and swirl until incorporated and sauce has a creamy consistency. Stir in tarragon and salt to taste; pour sauce over scallops
Read More http://www.epicurious.com:80/recipes/food/views/Seared-Scallops-with-Tarragon-Butter-Sauce-241746#ixzz1lvnwUI00