Orange Beef stir-fry
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 lb steak, sliced into thin strips
- 4 c stir-fry vegetables
- dried chili pepper flakes
- 1 tsp grated orange rind
- 1/4 c orange juice
- 2 tbsp each soy sauce and rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp each minced gingerroot, liquid honey and cornstarch
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp each sesame oil and Asian chili sauce
whisk together orange rind, orange juice, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, honey, cornstarch, garlic, sesame oil and chili sauce in small bowl, set aside.
HEAT canola oil in large skillet or wok over high heat. Stir fry beef for 3 to 4 minutes or until brown, transfer to a bowl. Add vegetables and 3 tbsp water to pan and bring to boil, reduce heat, cover and cook for 4 minutes, or until tender crisp.
RETURN beef and any juices to pan. Stir in reserved sauce mixture and return to boil, cook stirring for 1 to 2 minutes or until thickened. Sprinkle with chili pepper flakes.