- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds, lightly toasted
- 1/4 cup sweetened coconut flakes, lightly toasted
- 2 sheets puff pastry, thawed if frozen
- 1 large egg beaten with 2 teaspoons water to make an egg wash
- No Cook Strawberry Coulis, recipe follows
- Confectioners' sugar, garnish
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. In a bowl, combine the chocolate, almonds, and coconut.
On a lightly floured surface, unfold 1 sheet of puff pastry. Roll out to a rectangle 8 by 16-inches. With a sharp knife, cut into 8 equal squares. Place 1 heaping tablespoon of the chocolate mixture in the center of each square. With a pastry brush, brush the edges of the square with the egg wash. Bring the corners of the pastry up and over the filling, and twist and squeeze together to form a purse. Fan out the corners of the pastry and place on an ungreased baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining ingredients and bake until golden brown and the filling is melted, about 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and arrange on dessert plates. Serve with strawberry sauce and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar and serve hot.
No Cook Strawberry Coulis:
1 pint strawberries, hulled
1 lemon, juiced
2 tablespoons grand marnier
2 tablespoons sugar, or more, to taste
Water, to thin
Combine all ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth. Add a little water, if necessary, to thin. Strain into a clean bowl.