Berry Pecan Crisp
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans
- 2/3 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tb old fashioned oats
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 4 tbs unsalted butter, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 dry pint fresh raspberries or 1 cup frozen berrries, thawed.
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tbs cornstarch
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 2 pints blueberries (4 cups)
- 2 tbs honey
1. Heat the oven to 375 degrees. Butter a 1 1/2 quart shallow baking dish, and set aside.
2.To prepare topping:coarsley chop pecans in food processor; set aside in a bowl. Place flour, brown sugar, oats and cinnamon in the processor and pulse to blend. Add butter and process until mixture begins to clump. Stir mixture into the chopped nuts; chill while preparing filling.
3. To make filling: In a 3 quart saucepan, combine raspberries, sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice. Over medium-high heat, bring to a boil, stirring. Cook, continuing to stir until thick and shiny (about 3 minutes more). Stir in blueberries, then scrape into baking dish. Crumble topping over fruit.
4. Bake 30 minutes, then drizzle honey on top. Bake 5 minutes more, or until topping is golden and filling is bubble. Let cool 15 minutes. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.