- 1 loaf of fresh white bread (3 for a turkey)
- 1 small bunch of celery, diced (2 for a turkey)
- 1 large onion, diced (3 for a turkey)
- 2 large eggs (up to 8 for a turkey)
- 1 large pinch of salt
- 1/4 t freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/2 lb unslated butter (add more for turkey)
- 1/4 to 1/2 c fresh turkey stock (optional)
Preheat oven to 350.
In large stockpot, melt butter. Stir in chopped onions, salt and pepper and cook until onions are translucent.
Add celery and cook over low heat until just tender. Tear loaf of bread into pieces and add to stockpot with onion mixture and toss well until mixted. Turn off heat and allow to cool 15 to 20 min.
Crack eggs into mixture and use hands to toss well. Make sure the mixture is wet. Add more eggs if needed.
Pack cooled mixture lightly if stuffing a bird. A loaf pan can be used. Pour chicken or turkey stock over dressing to 1/2 c per loaf.
Bake at 350 for 30 min.
You can add a couple T of chopped fresh rosemary to kick up the flavor.