Herbed Spinach, Feta, Ricotta stuffed Chicken
Servings Per Recipe: 6
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 6.9 g
Cholesterol: 101.2 mg
Sodium: 509.0 mg
Total Carbs: 3.5 g
Dietary Fiber: 0.8 g
Protein: 40.4 g
- 6 small-medium boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 oz baby spinach, julienned
- 1/4 cup part skim ricotta
- 1/4 cup reduced fat feta cheese
- 2 tbsp Light sour cream
- 2 tbsp finely chopped sun dried tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp finely chopped scallions (green onions)
- 1/2 tsp salt (more or less to your taste)
- 1/2 tsp FRESHLY ground pepper
- Add other herbs to your liking! Fresh or dried.
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp basil
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Combine all ingredients except olive oil and chicken, until all ingredients are evenly distributed.
Using a paring knife, make a pocket in each chicken breast.
I find the best way is make the pockets is to cut a small-medium sized pocket with my paring knife, then use my finger to make it bigger.
It's easy to cut a hole in the chicken with the knife.
Take your stuffing mixture and stuff it in each chicken breast.
Brown each chicken, skin (smooth) side down in a med-high skillet with olive oil or butter for 2 minuets apiece.
Place on rimmed baking sheet and bake for 25 minuets. This goes great with my sauteed zucchini.
You'll also love
- Apricot-Mango Pie with Streusel... 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Smoked Shrimp Cocktail 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Lentil-Barley Burgers with Fiery... 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Lazy Cabbage Roll Casserole 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Sweet Cucumber Relish 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Red Russian Kale and Chorizo Soup 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- African Chickpea and Spinach Soup 4/5 (2 Votes)