Apple Pie Cookies
These cookies taste just like an apple pie, but they're even easier to make (and to eat!). They're perfect for fall and winter, but especially perfect for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- 1 box ready to use pie crust (2 crusts total)
- Caramel ice cream topping (optional)
- 1 can apple pie filling
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from spendwithpennies.com
Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
Remove pie crusts and let sit 15 minutes per box instructions. Lay out
parchment paper and unroll pie crusts. Using a 2.75-inch circle cutter, cut
circles out of one of the crusts. Make a decorative cut out for each circle using a small cookie cutter. You can re-roll the scraps to make more circles and cut outs.
Combine cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl and set it aside. Open the can of pie filling and pour it onto a cutting board. Dice the apples into small chunks.
Place some caramel in the center of each circle. Place 1 heaping tablespoon of pie filling on each circle (you may have some left over). Place a decorative cut out on top of pie filling. Brush each cookie crust with egg white and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture.
Bake for 20 minutes or until browned.
You'll also love
- Bacon-Wrapped Chicken with Basil... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Angel Hair Pasta with Salmon and... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Baked Lemon Chicken 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Asian Pork BBQ 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Cashew Salmon with Apricot Couscous 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Pineapple Orange Cake 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Italian Easter Bread 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- White Chocolate Chunk Macadamia... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)