Chipotle Scalloped Potatoes
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 canned chipotle chile in adobo sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 1/2 cups whipping cream
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 3 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded sharp white Cheddar cheese
- 4 cooked bacon slices, crumbled
Adapted from myrecipes.com
1. Preheat oven to 400°. Process first 6 ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth. Transfer mixture to a medium bowl, and stir in whipping cream.
2. Lightly grease a 13- x 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Spread one-fourth of potatoes in a single layer in prepared dish; top with one-fourth of cream mixture. Repeat layers three more times with remaining potatoes and cream mixture.
3. Bake, covered, at 400° for 50 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with cheese and bacon. Bake 20 minutes or until lightly browned and bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes.