Creamy Baked Penne and Chicken with Mushrooms
- 1 lb penne
- 4 T olive oil
- 1 1/2 lbs cremini mushrooms, rinsed and wiped clean and sliced 1/4 inches thick
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1/2 oz porcini mushrooms, rinsed and minced
- 8 medium garlic cloves minced
- 1 T minced fresh thyme leaves or 1 t dried thyme
- 1/4 c flour
- 2 c chicken broth
- 1 c dry white wine
- 1 c heavy cream
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts (5 breasts) trimmed
- 8 oz shredded Italian cheese blend (2 cups)
- 1/4 t black pepper
- 2 T minced fresh parsley (for serving)
1. Bring 4 quits. water to a boil. Stir in 1 T salt and the pasta stirring often until just begins to soften. Drain and ad 1T olive oil.
2.Wipe pot dry add the remaining 3 T of oil and set over med - low heat until shimmering. Add the cremini mushrooms. onion,porcini mushrooms and 1 t.
Cover and cook stirring often, until the mushrooms have released their liquid. Uncover, increase the heat to med - high and continue to cook stirring often until the mushrooms are dry and brown 5 to 10 mins.
3.Stir in the garlic and thyme and cook until fragrant about 30 seconds. Stir in the flour and cook stirring constantly, until golden 1 min. Slowly whisk in the cream,broth and wine.
4Add the chicken breast, partially cover, and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to low, cover and cook until the thickest part of the chicken registers 160 degrees on thermometer about 15 mins.
5 Remove pot from heat. Remove the chicken and set aside to cool ; keep the sauce covered. When the chicken is cool enough to handle, shred it into bite -sized pieces. Stir in the shredded chicken and 1 cup of the cheese into the sauce with the cooked pasta until well combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to a 13 by 9 inch baking dish and sprinkle with remaining 1 c of cheese
Wrap tightly with plastic wrap then foil and refrigerate for up to 2 days or freeze for up to 1 meh. ( if frozen ,the casserole must be thawed completely in the fridge for 24 hrs.
Adjust an oven rack to the middle and heat the oven to 400degrees. Unwarp the dish and cover tightly with aluminum foil the has been sprayed with vegetable oil. Bake until the sauce is bubbling around the edges, 40 minutes. Remove the foil and continue to bake until hot throughout and browned on top 30 - 40 mins. Sprinkle with parsley before serving.
Another good one is in the book with Artichokes, Tarragon and Lemon.
You'll also love
- SLOW COOKER Stuffed Bell Peppers 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Praline 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Garden Ham 'n Noodles 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sesame Noodles 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mushroom Oven Rice 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Three-Cheese Macaroni 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Angel Hair Pasta with Garden... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- spinach artichoke and chicken penne 0/5 (0 Votes)