- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 pound ground pork
- 1/4 pound fresh chorizo sausage, crumbled
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 12 slices white sandwich bread
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 large egg
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Heat the oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add the pork and chorizo and cook until completely browned. Add the onions, celery and bell pepper, season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring until the vegetables are soft, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Remove from the heat. Put the bread in a large rectangular glass baking dish and pour in the chicken stock. Soak for 10 to 15 minutes.
Remove and squeeze each slice, reserving the stock. In a large mixing bowl, combine the bread and stock with the pork and vegetable mixture. Mix well. Season with salt, black pepper and crushed red pepper. Stir in the parsley. Let cool completely and season again with salt and black pepper. Add the egg and mix thoroughly. Transfer dressing to a 3 quart baking dish and bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until browned on top.