Chicken, Green Bean, Corn, and Farro Salad with Goat Cheese
Farro is a nutty-flavored grain that's popular in Tuscany. It's not as heavy as some other whole grains, but it's still packed with protein, fiber
Read More http://www.epicurious.com:80/recipes/food/views/Chicken-Green-Bean-Corn-and-Farro-Salad-with-Goat-Cheese-354298#ixzz1loQp2bQy
- 1/2 cup semi-pearled farro* or spelt berries
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 8 ounces skinless boneless chicken breast halves
- 12 ounces green beans, trimmed, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cups fresh yellow corn kernels (cut from 2 to 3 ears of corn)
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 ounces fresh goat cheese, crumbled (about 1 1/4 cups)
- Read More http://www.epicurious.com:80/recipes/food/views/Chicken-Green-Bean-Corn-and-Farro-Salad-with-Goat-Cheese-354298#ixzz1loQvc3B0
Cook farro in medium saucepan of boiling salted water until just tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Drain; cool.
Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon oil in heavy medium skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Add chicken to skillet; cook until golden brown and cooked through, about 8 minutes per side. Cool, then cut into 1/2- to 3/4-inch cubes. Cook green beans in large saucepan of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Drain. Rinse under cold water to cool; drain. Transfer beans to kitchen towel; pat dry.
Mix farro, chicken, and green beans in large bowl; add corn and green onions.
Combine remaining 2 tablespoons oil, marjoram, and 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt in small bowl. Press with back of spoon to release flavor. Whisk in vinegar, shallot, and mustard. Pour over salad in bowl; toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. DO AHEAD: Salad can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.
Divide chilled or room-temperature salad among plates. Sprinkle with goat cheese.
Read More http://www.epicurious.com:80/recipes/food/views/Chicken-Green-Bean-Corn-and-Farro-Salad-with-Goat-Cheese-354298#ixzz1loR1XVz0