- 2 ounces finely chopped pecans
- 1 ounce panko breadcrumbs
- 1 t chopped fresh parsley
- 1 t chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 t coarse salt
- 1/4 t fresh ground black pepper
- 2 T butter, cold and cut into small pieces
- 4 (4-6 oz.() rainbow trout fillets, boneless, skin-on
1. Preheat oven to 400 F
2. Place pecans, panko, parsley, dill, salt and pepper in a small mixing bowl and stir to combine.
3. Mix butter into pecan mixture, using your fingers, until well incorporated.
4. Place fillets on a parchment lined rimmed baking sheet.
5. Sprinkle pecan mixture evenly onto fillets and press down to cover.
6. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, until fish is opaque, firm and flaky. The pecan crust should be lightly browned.