- 1 32 oz box reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 15 oz can black beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 15 oz can golden hominy, rinsed & drained
- 1 cup bottled salsa
- 1 cup bottled nopalitos (cactus leaves) drained, or
- 1 green sweet pepper, cut in strips
- 1 4 oz can diced green chiles
- 1 T chili powder
- 1 t ground cumin
- 2 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- Snipped fresh herbs (opt)
In a 4 qt Dutch oven combine chicken broth, black beans, hominy, salsa, nopalitos, undrained green chiles, chili powder and cumin.
Bring to boil, reduce heat.'
Simmer, covered, 20 minutes.
Add chicken; heat through.
Sprinkle with herbs, serve.