Balsamic Vinegar Caramelized Onions
- 2 yellow onions, julienned
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup good quality baslamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, minced
- extra virgin olive oil
Heat a sauté pan large enough to hold all of the onions with a bit of olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions and sauté until they just begin to color, stirring frequently. Add the balsamic vinegar and brown sugar and stir to combine. Cover, reduce the heat, and let cook for about 30 to 35 minutes, or until the onions have cooked down and caramelized deeply. Add the thyme and stir to combine.