Cheesy Creamed Spinach
Servings Per Recipe: 4
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 9.8 g
Cholesterol: 23.6 mg
Sodium: 286.3 mg
Total Carbs: 3.9 g
Dietary Fiber: 1.7 g
Protein: 5.1 g
- 2 tablespoons Country Crock Shedd's Spread Light
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 packed (10 oz) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed free of liquid
- 1/2 cup grated American or cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- salt, pepper, and hot sauce, as desired
In a large skillet over a low-medium flame, heat the Shedd Spread to bubbling but not brown. Reduce heat to low.
Add the garlic, stirring well, and saute for 1 minute.
Raise the heat to medium. Add the spinach, a handful at a time, stirring well after each addition to distribute the garlic evenly and heat well (4 to 6 minutes).
When the spinach is hot all the way through, gradually add the cheese, about 2 tablespoons at a time, mixing constantly while you continue to heat the mixture (about 2 more minutes). The spinach will become creamy and thick with cheese.
Add the cream, 1/2 tablespoon at a time, continue to heat and stir until the mixture is creamy and smooth (about 30 seconds).
Add salt, pepper, and hot sauce as desired.