Pita Stuffed w/Tabbouleh
- 1 C bulgar wheat
- 1 1/2 C boiling water
- 1/4 C freshly squeezed lemon juice (2 lemons)
- 1/4 C EVOO
- Kosher salt
- 1 C minced scallions, white & green parts (1 bunch)
- 1 C chopped fresh mint leaves (1 bunch)
- 1 C chopped flat-leaf parsley (1 bunch)
- 1 hothouse cucumber, unpeeled, seeded and medium diced
- 2 C cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 Tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 Lb feta cheese
- 4 pita breads, cut in half
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 25mins
Place bulgur in a large bowl, pour in boiling water, add lemon juice, olive oil, and 1 1/2 Tsp salt. Stir the mixture and allow to stand at room temperature for about 1 hour.
Add scallions, mint, parsley, cucumber, tomatoes, salt and pepper; mix well. Season to taste and serve, or cover and refrigerate. the flavor will improve if the tabbouleh sits for a few hours.
Stuff the tabbouleh and feta into the pita breads.