Maple Apple Cranberry Crumble
- 1 cup + 1 tbsp whole wheat flour, divided
- 3/4 cup large flake oats
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp brown sugar, divided
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tsp cinnamom
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup maple syrup, divided
- 6 medium apples, peeled, cored and chopped into 1-in. chunks (5 1/2 cups in total)
- 1 cup fresh or thawed frozen cranberries
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
Preheat oven to 375 F
In a large bowl, mix 1 cup flour, oats, 1/2 cup brown sugar, pecans, cinnamon and salt until blended. Add the melted butter and 2 tbsp of the maple syrup and mix until moist and crumbly. Put aside while you prepare fruit.
In a large bowl, toss apples and cranberries with 1 tbsp flour, 2 tbsp brown sugar, remaining maple syrup and lemon juice.
Pour fruit into a baking dish measuring 11 x 8 x 2 in. Cover evenly with crumble topping. Place on a baking sheet. Bake for 50-60 min until fruit is bubblig and the top is golden. Allow cool for at least 30 min before serving.
Makes 8 servings: CAL 373; Protein 4G; Carbs 58G; Fat 16G; Fibre 5G;