Easy Chicken Parmesan
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp. water
- Egg beater
- Italian-style breadcrumbs
- Parmesan cheese
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Glass baking dish
- 6 chicken breasts (thawed and clean - rinsed, patted dry)
- Italian style spaghetti sauce (26-oz. jar)
- Mozzarella cheese (shredded)
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Crack the eggs in one bowl and beat them with the 2 tbsp. water. As you dip the chicken breasts into the egg and water mixture, you may run out of eggs if you have large chicken breasts. You can always quickly beat more eggs and water if you need more batter.
3. Pour Italian-style breadcrumbs in a second bowl. Pour the entire contents of your package in the bowl. The more you have to cover your chicken breasts with, the better. Shake salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese into the breadcrumbs. Match the measure of Parmesan cheese with the breadcrumb amount.
4. Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in large nonstick skillet on medium heat. Cook 1/2 of the chicken pieces 3 to 4 minutes per side or until golden brown. Transfer chicken to foil-lined 13x9-inch baking pan. Repeat with remaining chicken, adding remaining 1 tablespoon oil if necessary. Spoon sauce evenly over chicken. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
5. Spray a glass baking dish with non-stick baking spray. Set the baking dish beside the bowl with the Italian breadcrumbs.
6. Wash your hands and wrists thoroughly with anti-bacterial soap. Dry your hands, then put on disposable gloves. Disposable gloves should be worn when handling raw chicken. Place the clean, thawed chicken breasts in a bowl by themselves.
7. Line the bowls up in order, in whichever direction you are most comfortable. Line them up so the chicken breasts are first, the egg mixture second, the breadcrumbs third, then the glass baking dish. The chicken breasts need to go through each of the bowls before getting to the glass baking dish.
8. Pick up one chicken breast and push it into the egg mixture in the first bowl. Flip it over once, so it is completely coated. Move it to the next bowl and flip it in the breadcrumbs to coat it. Move it to the baking dish.
9. Pour some spaghetti sauce over each chicken breast until the entire jar is depleted. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on each chicken breast until you are satisfied with the amount. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
10. Bake the Chicken Parmesan until bubbling. Depending on how many chicken breasts are in the dish and how thick they are, baking time will vary. Baking time is an average of 20 to 30 minutes. While the chicken bakes, throw away the disposable gloves and wash your hands thoroughly. Clean the bowls and other contaminated poultry utensils with sanitizing methods.