Thai Ginger Chicken Burger
- 4 scallions, white part only, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 1 pound skinless boneless chicken breasts. cut into 2 inch pieces.
- 1/2 cup plus 1/3 cup plain dried bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup fat free egg substitute
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 muntigrain hamburger buns, toasted
- 16 thin slices English (seedless) cucumber
- 4 thin slices red onion
- 4 leaf lettuce leaves
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
With motor running, add scallions and ginger through feed tube of food processor and process until finely minced. Stop food processor and add chicken; pulse until coarsely chopped. Transfer to medium bowl; stir in 1/2 cup of the bread crumbs, the egg substitute, cilantro, lime zest, salt and pepper.
Place remaining 1/3 cup bread crumbs on sheet of wax paper. With damp hands, form chicken mixture into 4 (1 inch thick) patties. Dredge patties in bread crumbs, pressing gently to coat. Transfer patties to plate; cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
Spray large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium high heat. Add patties; cover and cook, turning occasionally, until instant read thermometer inserted into side of burger registers 165, 13-15 minutes. Serve burger in buns topped with cucumber, onion and lettuce.