Blueberry Cinnamon Rolls
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 1/4 tsp active dry yeast
- 4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 heaping tsp baking powder
- 1/2 scant tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- Blueberry Filling:
- 1 pint blueberries
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2-3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup water
- Additional Blueberries for Sprinkling:
- 1 pint blueberries
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 4 Tbsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp flour
Prepare Blueberry Filling: In a small saucepan, combine 1 pint of the blueberries, sugar and cornstarch. Stir in lemon juice and water. Turn heat to medium and cook, stirring often, until mixture begins to thicken slight. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
Prepare the Dough: Mix whole milk, vegetable oil and sugar in a pan. Scald to 150 degrees. Let cool until lukewarm (~45 minutes). Sprinkle in yeast and let sit. Then add 4 C flour, stir mixture together. Cover and let sit for one hour.
Add 1/2 C flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir mixture together.
Divide the dough in half. Sprinkle surface generously with flour and form into a rectangle, roll the dough thin, maintaining a rectangular shape. Spread half of the blueberry filling onto the dough. Sprinkle half of the additional blueberries for sprinkling on top. Roll the dough toward you. Pinch the seam to seal it. Grease foil cake or pie pans. Cut rolls 3/4 to 1 inch thick and lay in greased pans. Repeat with other half of dough and blueberry filling.
Cover the rolls and let sit for 30 minutes.
Bake at 375 for 15 to 18 minutes.
Combine all frosting ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly. Generously drizzle frosting over warm rolls after they come out of the oven.
You'll also love
- Easy Slow-Cooker Beef Stew 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Cornish Game Hens with Pomegranate... 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Homemade Garlic Hummus 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Nutella swirled banana bread 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Strawberry Cream Cheese French... 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Cranberry Pecan Baked Brie 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Blueberry Scones Starbucks Copycat 4.5/5 (17 Votes)