Sweet or savory bread pudding
Did you know bread pudding can be sweet or savory? Well it's as easy as switching out the ingredients. Here is my delicious bread pudding recipe and you can decide whether it should be a side dish or a dessert.
- Bread Pudding ingredients
- 1 loaf of stale white bread, brioche or egg bread
- 4 whole eggs and 4 egg yolks
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of 1/2 and 1/2
- Toppings: choose either sweet or savory
- 1 cup Artichoke hearts and parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup Caramel sauce and 2 apples
- 3/4 cup Chocolate chips
- 1 cup Mini Marshmallows
- 1 cup Cheese and 1/2 cup tomato sauce
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 45mins
In a large mixing bowl, tear the stale bread into small to medium size pieces.
In a separate bowl whisk together the eggs, sugar (if you're making it savory reduce the sugar by half) , milk, and cream.
Pour the egg mixture onto the bread and fold in with your hands.
Once all the egg mixture is thoroughly combined add topping of your choice and mix into the bread pudding mixture.
Place the bread pudding into a greased pan of choice (smaller for a thicker denser bread pudding, larger for thin crispy bread pudding or even muffin tins for individual ones).
Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.