Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
Savory mushroom caps get stuffed with a delicious mixture of Italian sausage, cream cheese, Parmesan, parsley, and garlic to make a delicious dish.
- 48 large fresh mushrooms
- 1 (19-ounce) package JOHNSONVILLE® Italian Mild Sausage Links (or Ground Italian Sausage)
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Preparation time 40mins
Cooking time 55mins
Preheat oven to 400ºF.
Remove mushroom stems and discard; set caps aside.
Place mushroom caps on foil-lined baking sheets; set aside.
Remove sausage casings.
In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat and cook and crumble sausage until no longer pink; drain.
Remove from heat. Stir in bread crumbs and set aside.
In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, parsley, lemon juice, and garlic until smooth.
Combine cream cheese mixture and sausage.
Fill each cap with sausage and cream cheese mixture.
Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
Bake for 14 to 16 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and lightly browned.
For the finishing touch, drizzle with olive oil.
You'll also love
- Potato and Sweet Corn Chowder 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Texas Pulled Pork 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Snickers Popcorn 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Beef Empanadas in Puff Pastry 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Easy Vegetarian and Vegan Mushroom... 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Chicken Thighs with Creamy Bacon... 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Sausage Rollups 4.3/5 (12 Votes)