Pork Chops with Bourbon Peach Glaze
This recipe was inspired from one of my favorite cookbooks - Cooking Light Annual Recipes, 2004. Even my son, who normally doesn't like sauces on his food, really enjoyed this for dinner. He liked it so much that he requested the left overs for lunch tomorrow!
- 4 boneless center cut loin pork chops
- 15 oz can of sliced peaches in lite natural sauce
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 Tbls soy sauce
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- Salt and Pepper
- Olive Oil for frying pork chops
Drizzle olive oil into non stick skillet that has a lid. Heat the olive oil. Salt and Pepper both sides of pork chops. Add pork chops to heated pan. Cook 4 – 5 minutes on each side, turning once. Remove pork chops to platter.
Combine bourbon, honey, soy sauce, cayenne pepper and ginger in a cup or bowl.
Drain peaches; add to pan. Sauté for a minute or two. Add bourbon mixture. Cook until bubbling for about 5 minutes. Return pork chops to pan, reduce heat, cover and cook for about 5 additional minutes.
Remove pork chops back to platter. Continue cooking peach bourbon mixture until it begins to thicken. Gently mash the peaches, but leave some of the whole slices. Continue reducing mixture until it has thickened. If need be, thicken with a small amount of cornstarch and water.
Serve the pork chops with the bourbon peach glaze generously spooned over the top.
You'll also love
- Cinnamon-Raisin Overnight French... 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Sylvia's Macaroni And Cheese 3.6/5 (39 Votes)
- Applebee's Copycat Cajun Shrimp... 4.2/5 (19 Votes)
- Warm Mushroom Salad With Bacon,... 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Apple Peach Dump Cake 3.2/5 (20 Votes)
- Vitamix - Peach Mango Smoothie 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
Review this recipe