Grilled Halibut and Leeks With Mustard Vinaigrette
- •1 1/4 pounds fish, halibut steaks
- •2 tablespoon vinegar, white balsamic
- •2 tablespoon mustard, coarse-grain
- •1 tablespoon water
- •4 teaspoon oil, olive
- •4 clove(s) garlic, minced
- •4 small leek(s)
- •1/4 teaspoon salt
- •1/4 teaspoon pepper, black ground
- •yellow pear-shaped tomatoes, halved (optional)
1. Thaw fish, if frozen. Rinse fish; pat dry with paper towels. Cut into 4 serving-size pieces. Refrigerate fish until needed. In a small bowl, whisk together white balsamic vinegar, mustard, the water, 2 teaspoons of the olive oil, and the 1 clove garlic. Set aside.
2. Trim roots and cut off green tops of leeks; remove 1 or 2 outer white layers. Wash well (if necessary, cut a 1-inch slit from bottom end to help separate layers for easier washing). Drain. In a medium saucepan, combine leeks and a small amount of water. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 3 minutes. Drain. Pat dry. Brush with 1 teaspoon of the remaining olive oil.
3. In a small bowl, stir together the remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil, the 3 cloves garlic, the salt, and pepper. Spread evenly over fish; rub in with your fingers.
4. Place fish and leeks on the greased rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals. Grill for 8 to 12 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, gently turning fish and leeks once. Slice leeks into 1/2-inch pieces. Divide fish and leeks among four shallow bowls. Drizzle with vinegar mixture. If desired, garnish with tomato halves and chives.
Nutritional Info (Per serving):
Calories: 231, Saturated Fat: 1g, Sodium: 331mg, Dietary Fiber: 1g, Total Fat: 8g, Carbs: 7g, Cholesterol: 45mg, Protein: 30g
You'll also love
- No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Seafood Quiche 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Spinach Sourdough Dip 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Layered Sun-Dried-Tomato and Basil... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Rainbow Trout With Dijon... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Tuna Tartare 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Almond Crusted Halibut 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Beef, Leek and Barley Soup 5/5 (1 Votes)