Vegan Banana Bread
- 1/4 cup Non Dairy Milk (I used soy)
- 1 teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 cups organic whole wheat pastry Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon or freshly ground allspice
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil
- 1/2 stick of Earth Balance buttery bar (or use all coconut oil, 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup raw Sugar (or use all raw sugar)
- 3 Bananas, medium sized, mashed well
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 70mins
Combine the non dairy milk and apple cider vinegar; set aside.
Preheat the oven at 350F/180C for 15 minutes. grease an 8×4 inch loaf pan with coconut oil left in your measuring cup. or fill your muffin tin with cute little cups
In a large bowl combine together the flour, baking soda, salt and spice.
In another bowl, cream together the coconut oil, earth balance and sugars. Then add the bananas, vanilla and milk-vinegar mixture. Add the wet ingredients to the flour mixture. Stir until just combined. Pour the batter in the prepared loaf pan and bake for about 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean. For cupcakes, bake for ~22+ minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and place it on a cooling rack for about 15 minutes. I leave it in the pan and just cover at night with a cloth to keep it moist. It's gone by the next day anyway.